Sunday, June 22, 2008

Owls, Elves & Portkeys

Owls: There haven't been any owls flying my way lately (not even from my Grandma!) so I decided to take matters into my own hands. Yesterday I sent my sweet owl Marty off with an order to Knit Pickery. I had gotten word of a 40% off sale on their books & there were a few that I've been wanting. I ordered 50 Baby Booties to Knit, which has been on my wish list for a very long time, and The Best of Interweave Knits, because I'm dying to make myself the Marilyn sweater, and there are some others in there that I could see myself making as well. I was *thisclose* to putting the Charmed Knits book in my cart as well, but decided against it this time. Instead, I ordered some needles I need for some upcoming projects I have planned. That got me to $53.00 and you get free owling when your order is $50!
I also placed an order at another store for some yarn for those projects I have planned! So, owls should be coming my way soon!

Elves: Boy oh boy could I use a house elf right about now. I know they've been coming into the common room to start the fires each night, but I wish I'd be in there when they do... I'd love to see if I could convince one to give me some tips about how to keep my section of our dormitory clean. I feel so terribly about my mess...and the fact that my roommates have to live with it! I have a big pile of clean clothes, an even bigger pile of dirty clothes, and supplies for my Muggle scrapbook are strewn about!

Portkeys: In under 2 weeks, I will be taking a PortKey to Australia! I'm very excited, but nervous as I haven't signed up for my 2nd PortKey just yet. Need to do that today or tomorrow. I will go to the Gold Coast/Brisbane area first, then...don't forget to sign up for this PortKey!...to Sydney. I'm running in a Muggle marathon (but I'd love to see if I can sneak my broomstick in!) in Gold Coast, then sight-seeing and visiting a cousin studying at a school of Magic in Sydney.

2 comments:

omly said...

I just sent another owl off to you today. I am hoping it will get there before your portkey, but if it doesn't it will wait until you get back.

Unknown said...

Olive...you've been tagged! Please visit my blog for details on what to do next. :)