Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Sleeve time!

The owl from Knit Pickery did arrive yesterday! He had some other deliveries to make, and dropped off my package before breakfast, so he left it with my own owl Marty. Marty made sure it was delivered to me...and just in time! I had just sewn the shoulder seams of my sweater and was wondering what I should do while I waited for the needles to make my sleeves.
Whenever I go a while without using DPNs (as I have been using a circular needle for both the body of my sweater and for Magic Loop-ing socks) I tend to forget how to cast the spell to make them work. I was struggling at first because I forgot to pick up the 4th needle and knit with it and was trying to just go around on 3 needles, with the loops already on the 3 needles! Luckily it only took me about 3 stitches to realize what mistake I was making. The sweater knit up so fast...but 2 rounds into the first sleeve and I'm already saying, "Is it 10 inches yet?" and also measuring my own arms to see if I just can't get away with 8 inches instead.

No comments: