Friday, April 11, 2008

'Tis better to give

than to receive. Or at least maybe just as good!
I'm still looking forward to the arrival of an owl with a package for me, but I really did have such a great time reading about all the stuff I sent to my pal, Perpetua Phoenixfire. You can read about it and see pictures here.
I think I must've had as much (or maybe more) fun reading her re-cap of it as she did opening it all up!
Also, Marty arrived back home today with some Muggle spells to increase (or, in one of our cases, decrease) the amount of galleons in your bank. I think the Muggles call them taxes. Even though I would've thought Marty'd be tired after all that traveling, he was still feeling strong enough to carry two parcels! Besides the tax spells, he brought a notebook from a 6th grader at a Muggle school. The notebook had already traveled around the western and midwestern United States, where each host wrote a journal entry and added some photos. The teacher included a note saying to send the book back to the class on May 1. I added some pictures and information right away and prepared to send it off to a friend in a frosty Muggle village in Alaska. After some quick treats for Marty and a quick snuggle, I sent him back off with the notebook, the Muggle tax spells, some birthday cards and letters. Poor Marty!

No comments: