Saturday, April 26, 2008

Term Break and good mail!

I haven't been journaling much lately, as I've been relaxing and enjoying time with my family while away from Hogwarts. I love being at home, but I find myself missing all the friendship and adventure at Hogwarts! The lack of homework, though, is allowing me to get some knitting done! I finished a pair of socks last week, started another one (a gift), and started a scarf (another gift!)

Although I haven't had the joy of receiving my sock kit yet, I was very pleasantly surprised to receive and owl with my 2nd prize of the term... some Gryffindor colored Lorna's Laces sock yarn. It's called "Parry Hotter", and came with a note explaining that it's an exclusive colorway! Even though I'm not a Gryffindor, my boyfriend Viktor Scamander is, so I'll be able to wear some Gryffindor colored socks to secretly support him during Quidditch matches, while still showing my Ravenclaw pride! I promise I'll take a picture of the Lorna's Laces and the Faery Fiber's Fawkes yarn that I won in a House Quiz soon! I finally got new batteries for my muggle camera, and now it works like a charm. (Could be the longevity charm I put on the batteries before putting them in the camera!)

I am looking forward to signing up for the next sock kit swap! My sister Jade may be attending Hogwarts this year. Her birthday is right at the cut-off date, so my parents may talk to the headmistress about keeping her home for one more year since they think she might not be quite ready for all the responsibility that comes with studying magic away from home. I'd never tell my parents this, but I hope they do decide to keep her home... I like enjoying Hogwarts without having to keep an eye on my little sister. I'm sure they'd expect me to remind her to study and keep her out of trouble. She can be a bit of a trouble-maker, so that would really take away from my own study time. At least I can be fairly certain that she would NOT be sorted into Ravenclaw. Then I would only be responsible for looking after her in the main areas of the castle, and could just do my own thing when I'm in Ravenclaw Tower.

No comments: