Friday, September 19, 2008

Greetings from Dorm 5

The topic of discussion amongst many Slytherin girls this past week has been dorm assignments. One of the older girls, Matilda Edgecombe, invited me to room with her. I thought it was great...then I found out that she and my big sister Olive are pals, and I'm wondering if Olive put her up to it, so she'd have someone to spy on me in the dungeon. I haven't asked Olive about it, because of course she'll deny any involvement. Anyway, Matilda seems really nice, so I'm not going to worry too much about the whole Olive thing.
My other dormmates are Cecily Fortescue, Emma Gorodok, and...get this...Winifred Wartbobble! Olive will be over the moon at that. Miss Wartbobble is, after all, our headmistress, and surely her influence will keep me on the straight and narrow. Cecily is a 2nd year, and Emma is a 4th year. I'm the only 1st year in the room! I hope they don't try to give me Canary Creams. Olive wrote a letter home about that her first year, and I've heard a couple rumors that some students have been passing them out to unsuspecting 1st years! Although, I do think that Nosebleed Nougat would be much, much worse!

No comments: