Saturday, September 13, 2008

Slytherin House Quiz #1

Our first assignment was to answer some questions about our knitting likes and dislikes. Piece o' cake. So far, I'm not seeing why Olive acted like getting good grades at Hogwarts was such a big accomplishment.
  1. Do you knit and/or crochet? I knit. I would like to crochet, but thus far I've only managed to confuse myself.
  2. How long have you been at your craft? I've been knitting since about 2002, but constantly knitting since 2006 or so.
  3. Do you spin? Nope. Don't have time (or space!) to add another hobby!
  4. What type of spinning do you do (drop spindle or wheel)? No spinning for me.
  5. Are there any other crafts that you participate in? I scrapbook and do some sewing. I also love to cook and bake.
  6. What are your favorite yarns/fibers? I'm open to all kinds of yarns/fibers, depending on the project.
  7. What are your LEAST favorite yarns/fibers? I tend to dislike yarns that split easily. I also don't do a whole lot with novelty yarns.
  8. Are there any types/brands of yarn that you are dying to work with but haven’t gotten a chance? I've never worked with any Noro. Almost all of my yarn is bought online, so I tend to stick with what I know. I'd love to branch out and try what other people love!
  9. What are your favorite types of projects to knit/crochet? I love making myself sweaters! I also do a lot of baby stuff, and 2-at-a-time socks.
  10. What are you currently working on? A Clapotis for a birthday gift, a February Lady Sweater for myself (just the sleeves left!) and as soon as the yarn arrives, a pair of thrummed mittens.
  11. Anything you plan to start this autumn? Some gift knitting...I want to make the Malabrigo slippers, a hat, some mitts, etc. And I'll probably sneak something in for myself too!
  12. What is your favorite Finished Object? (Please, post a picture if you would like.) I have a feeling I am going to love my FLS when it's done. But so far, my favorite FO is my Minimalist Cardigan. (ravelry link)
  13. Are there any knitting/crochet techniques that you would like to learn? I would love to be better at finishing--I'm not entirely confident in seaming or even in weaving in ends! And as I said in the 1st question, I would like to be able to crochet without frustration!

No comments: