- Are you a sock knitter?What are your foot measurements? I do knit socks...I start more than I finish ;) but 2-at-a-time magic loop style seems to do the trick. I wear a size 5.5-6.5 shoe, and my foot is about 8 inches long
- Do you have a yarn winder and/or a swift? Neither. It's on my Christmas list!
- Where/how to you keep you needles/hooks? Matilda Edgecombe sent me a lovely needle case last term! I keep many of my needles/hooks in there! I also use the binder that came with my Knit Picks Options and will probably order more inserts on my next order.
- Do you collect anything? Not actively. My favorite animal is a moose, so people sometimes send me moose goodies. I also love Peanuts (Charlie Brown/Snoopy things) and I would like to decorate my scrapbook area with a few cute, funky robots.
- What is your favorite type of music? Are you MP3 ready? I like most music. I typically listen to pop (?) whatever's on the general radio station. I also listen to country, oldies (when I was growing up my dad told me that was the only station besides sports radio that worked in the car), and showtunes I guess. I have an iPod and an mp3 player.
- Do you like sweets? What are your favorites? I love them! I especially love chocolatey sweets, caramelly sweets, and pumpkinny sweets. I am not opposed to fruity or other kinds of sweets.
- What is your living situation like? Any pets? Children? My living situation... I live in Military Family Housing. Since we have no kids, we are in a 2 bed, 1 bath. 1 bath is difficult to manage! It's been almost 3.5 years and I'm still getting used to sharing! Pets? well, I just won 5 hermit crabs for classroom pets! Other than that, my 2 cats live with their grandma (too $$$ to ship them over).
- Do you have an online wish list (Amazon, Etsy, Loopy Ewe, etc.)? Please include links for your swap pal. No, I should work on one. Can you make a wish list on Etsy? Or is it just the favorites?
- Favorite Harry Potter movie character? Hmm...Hermione, maybe?
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
a. Hestia Jones
b. Elphais Doge
c. Emmeline Vance p.14
d. Dedalus Diggle
2. What animal does Bellatrix Lestrange kill when she and her sister, Narcissa, are going to see Professor Snape?
b. Fox p.20
3. What time does Professor Dumbledore collect Harry from Privet Drive?
b. 11 p.m. p.43
d. 11 a.m.
4. What did Professor Sluhorn transform into when he was trying to hide from Harry and Professor Dumbledore?
a. An armchair p.64
b. A bed
c. A table
d. A wardrobe
5. What grade did Harry get for Herbology?
a. E – Exceeds Expectation p.102
b. P – Poor
c. O – Outstanding
d. A – Acceptable
6. Herbert Chorley, the Prime Minister’s Junior Minster, has been entertaining the public by impersonating which animal?
a. A hen
b. A duck p.17
c. A lion
d. A squirrel
7. What is Professor Sprout’s first name?
8. What is Dumbledore’s idea of ‘a few words’?
a. nitwit, odder, blubber rand tweak
b. nitwit, odder, bubblegum and tweak
c. nitwit, oddment, bubblegum and tweak
d. nitwit, oddment, blubber and tweak p.644
9. Who is Marcus Belby’s famous uncle?
b. Damocles p.144
10. What is Snape’s mother’s name?
a. Helana Prince
b. Eileen Prince p.537
c. Lily Prince
d. Elizabeth Prine
Post pictures to your blogs or link to the pictures from your blog post.
Monday, September 22, 2008
I usually hate picture day, it's so hard to choose an outfit to be forever immortalized in! Now that I'm at Hogwarts, it will be much easier... I do love school uniforms!
Here's a picture of me at Muggle School...when I was in 3rd grade.
And here I am in Muggle School last year: (one of the great joys of being a teacher is continuing to collect school pictures long into adulthood)
And finally, my first Hogwarts School Picture. Aren't magic photos great fun?
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Friday, September 19, 2008
My other dormmates are Cecily Fortescue, Emma Gorodok, and...get this...Winifred Wartbobble! Olive will be over the moon at that. Miss Wartbobble is, after all, our headmistress, and surely her influence will keep me on the straight and narrow. Cecily is a 2nd year, and Emma is a 4th year. I'm the only 1st year in the room! I hope they don't try to give me Canary Creams. Olive wrote a letter home about that her first year, and I've heard a couple rumors that some students have been passing them out to unsuspecting 1st years! Although, I do think that Nosebleed Nougat would be much, much worse!
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Potter Name: Jade Bladvak. I'm also used to responding to Olive's Little Sister.
Rav ID: knittingbec
I am allergic to: Coconut. Not really...but I don't like it so I always tell people I'm allergic.
Pets that I have: None that live with me.
My favorite yarn: It's hard to pick a favorite...I love the Dream in Color Colors, Malabrigo is so soft, and Claudia Handpainted was really nice to knit with.
If you are a Ravenclaw, do you prefer the film colors or the book colors? Much to my sister's dismay, I'm all SLYTHERIN!
My favorite flavor: Of what? If we're talking Skittles, I like red and purple best. I like chocolate all the time. Other flavors, I guess it depends on what I'm going for. Two flavors I NEVER go for are black licorice or hot-cinnamon.
My favorite holiday: Halloween, Thanksgiving or Christmas Do I have to pick just one?? Christmas and Thanksgiving are a tie...Halloween not too far behind.
I would like to receive a: (Sock kit, scarf kit or yarn dyeing kit) Sock kit or scarf kit.
List your favorite brand of needles or hooks, including size and length: My favorite (because I use them most often) are KnitPicks needles. I like long cables so I can use the same needle for magic-looping a pair of socks and then use it for a sweater or something. My favorite size depends on what I'm knitting I guess, although I tend to be a bit afraid of anything less than 0.
Is there a brand that you are dying to try?: Not necessarily. But I'm open to anything.
I’ve participated in HSKS: (How many times have you participated in HSKS swaps?) This is my 3rd time (twice as Ravenclaw Olive Bladvak)
Do you have a birthday during this swap? If so which day? Nope.
- Do you knit and/or crochet? I knit. I would like to crochet, but thus far I've only managed to confuse myself.
- How long have you been at your craft? I've been knitting since about 2002, but constantly knitting since 2006 or so.
- Do you spin? Nope. Don't have time (or space!) to add another hobby!
- What type of spinning do you do (drop spindle or wheel)? No spinning for me.
- Are there any other crafts that you participate in? I scrapbook and do some sewing. I also love to cook and bake.
- What are your favorite yarns/fibers? I'm open to all kinds of yarns/fibers, depending on the project.
- What are your LEAST favorite yarns/fibers? I tend to dislike yarns that split easily. I also don't do a whole lot with novelty yarns.
- Are there any types/brands of yarn that you are dying to work with but haven’t gotten a chance? I've never worked with any Noro. Almost all of my yarn is bought online, so I tend to stick with what I know. I'd love to branch out and try what other people love!
- What are your favorite types of projects to knit/crochet? I love making myself sweaters! I also do a lot of baby stuff, and 2-at-a-time socks.
- What are you currently working on? A Clapotis for a birthday gift, a February Lady Sweater for myself (just the sleeves left!) and as soon as the yarn arrives, a pair of thrummed mittens.
- Anything you plan to start this autumn? Some gift knitting...I want to make the Malabrigo slippers, a hat, some mitts, etc. And I'll probably sneak something in for myself too!
- What is your favorite Finished Object? (Please, post a picture if you would like.) I have a feeling I am going to love my FLS when it's done. But so far, my favorite FO is my Minimalist Cardigan. (ravelry link)
- Are there any knitting/crochet techniques that you would like to learn? I would love to be better at finishing--I'm not entirely confident in seaming or even in weaving in ends! And as I said in the 1st question, I would like to be able to crochet without frustration!
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Sunday, September 7, 2008
I need to make some changes around here, first to get rid of all of this blue and bronze! The sorting hat has put me in Slytherin. And I think I'll fit right in.