Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A First!

Emma Gorodok has challenged us to post about a knitting first.

I've had a few knitting firsts, and many of them fairly recently. Finishing my first wearable sweater, my first magic loop socks, my first cabled project, my first time using Malabrigo, my first swap, etc.

But today I will share with you my first knitted gift. My first knitted gift was completed a year and a half ago for my "grandneighbor" Phoebe. It was my first completed blanket too. I gave the gift twice...the first time, at the baby shower, it was unfinished and still on-the-needles. The second time, I finished it up and took it over, just in time... I didn't realize that the baby had come the day before and was coming home from the hospital that day! Her dad took the blanket to the hospital, and the first thing I saw when I met little Phoebe was my blanket. Which I guess is her blanket. And her first handknit blanket to boot!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice
Mama from France from http://www.sirpriz.com
Swap world gift community, penpals and friends all over the world

Emma Gorodok said...

what a cute blanket, I love the butterflies there... and little Phoebe with the blanket looks too sweet. Thanks for posting this

Tanya said...

Oh, my God... That is adorable.

Quinn said...

Little phoebe is such a cutie all wrapped in her blankie.

Emma Gorodok said...

congrats, olive, you won a copy of my pattern. As soon as you send me an email to handarbeitskram(at)online.de I will email you the pattern