Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Ravenclaw Homework

I thought I had taken care of the magic links on the sidebar, but must've neglected to hit "save changes" after adding about 20 names! That's what I get for mixing Muggles & magic... I was talking on the telephone to a cousin of mine. I'm going to get back to that when I have lots of time to focus on that alone, but for now, I'll start off with my first Ravenclaw Homework assignment.

My name is Olive Altheda Bladvak. I was named for a shade of my mother's favorite color and a character in her favorite childhood story from Tales of Beedle the Bard ("The Fountain of Fair Fortune"). I am the oldest of 4 girls, and my sisters are all named for shades of green as well: Jade, Emerald & Kelly. My parents met at Hogwarts years ago, when my mother was a third year Ravenclaw and my father was a 5th year Hufflepuff. We live in London, very close to the Ministry of Magic, as my father likes to start each of his days at the Goblin Liason Office with a brisk walk to work. My mother's favorite class was always a History of Hogwarts, and she works part-time at the Museum of Quidditch.
As much as I enjoy the company of my sisters, I am glad to have Hogwarts to myself for the time being. Although I was quite nervous when I arrived at Hogwarts last year, I've found that I fit right in in Ravenclaw House (just as my dad was sure I would!) because I love to think, read, write, and yes, even do homework! I think I might like to grow up to become a professor here at Hogwarts some day. When I'm not studying or trying to meet up with my housemates for some chatting by the fire in the common room, I much enjoy knitting, reading for fun, running, and cooking. Of course, I've only been allowed to cook in the Muggle fashion thus far, so I can't wait until I can start incorporating magic into my cooking and baking like my mum does! I also like to sew; I only wish my good old Muggle sewing machine would work at Hogwarts. Too much magic buzzing around. A good friend of mine showed me how to make a Muggle scrapbook, so I love to do that now too! Oh, and I mustn't forget that one of the things I most enjoy doing is getting Owl Post! My grandmother and I write each other often and between letters to her and new yarn deliveries, my owl Marty (short for Martini) is kept very busy!
I've been fortunate to travel to many places with both of my parents, as their jobs often have them collecting information from interesting places. I've been to Greece, Italy, Germany, a few other places in Europe, Japan (we even used a PortKey to get to the top of Mount Fuji!), Mexico and the United States. Interesting magic all over the world! I love to travel, especially by Floo, and we've even taken a few rides on Muggle airplanes. I guess they're more comfortable than broomsticks for long flights. Still, my dream is to go somewhere where I will see a moose. I just love moose, and though I have a growing collection of moose things, I've yet to see a real one!
I don't know what other information to include in my biography... I'm only 13, so I haven't a whole lot to write about just yet. I do hope you enjoyed learning a bit more about me and my family!

3 comments:

onescrappychick said...

Hi Olive!! Aren't you glad this week is OVER?! Want to meet in the Great Hall this weekend and do some knitting?

Emerald

Cassandra Puddlemere said...

Hey Olive!!

Yes that is the Brea Bag! It is soooo easy, i love it!!!! you should make one asap

Stuart said...

I can't believe Wartbobble let me off that easily either--I think all of this "inter house unity" stuff is making her brain soft!!

Will you be around in the common room at all next week? I'm feeling a bit braver and want to learn to purl next.