Friday, May 23, 2008

No Owls

I love holidays. I especially love holidays when we get a day off school. But the worst thing about holidays is definitely that there are no owls swooping in during breakfast! I realize that the owls need a day off every now and then too (although they do have Sundays to rest, don't they?) but I so look forward to getting mail that it just makes me cranky when there isn't even a chance of getting any...especially when I know there are some good things heading my way, such as some yarn for a gift project, some stitch markers for a knitting friend and a new magazine. I'm sure there are more owls I'm expecting that I've forgotten about!
In the meantime, I suppose I'll just enjoy the owl holiday and work on knitting Ophelia. We have 2 Ophelias here at Hogwarts, but hopefully in a few days, there will be one more... the Ophelia cardigan (pattern by Elizabeth Klett)! And, when my fingers need a break from knitting, I'll be sure to finally catch up on Google's Magical Reader. I got everyone's name loaded in and now I need to read some 300 posts...guess I don't actually need any owls to bring me reading material after all!

No comments: