Friday, February 8, 2008

All About Olive- pt. 1

I was visiting with Victoria Black earlier and saw her list of 100 things about her. That inspired me to share a bit about myself, but I don't know how long it would take for me to think of 100 things to share! So I'm going to start small and just share a few Potter-related things about me:

1. My dad actually started reading the HP series before I did. He wouldn't stop talking about it, and lent me his copy as soon as he finished so we could discuss.
2. I read most of Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets in London.
3. I bought a copy of Harry Potter & the Sorcerer's Stone in Greece as a souvenir for my dad. He never read it...since it was in Greek!
4. I saw Harry Potter in the (waxy) flesh in a window at Potter's Wax Museum in St. Augustine FL this summer. Dobby was there too!
5. I used to live very close to a Jelly Belly Jelly Bean Factory, where I bought my first bag of Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans.
6. Although I proudly call myself a Ravenclaw, the Sorting Hat debated putting me in Hufflepuff.
7. I received all of the Harry Potter movies 1-5 as a gift on my last birthday.
8. The neatest souvenir I bought during a trip to Prague, Czech Republic was a Harry Potter puppet.
9. My favorite magical animal has always been a unicorn, and I was disappointed to learn that the wand that chose me does not have a unicorn hair core.
10. While I was reading the 2nd book during a trip to London, I had the pleasure of seeing Dame Maggie Smith perform live in "The Lady in the Van".

No comments: