Saturday, February 9, 2008

All About Olive- pt. 2

To pass the remaining time before our first Hogsmeade visit, I thought I'd make another list of things about me. I've not quite come up with 100 yet, but here are 10 knitting-related things about me:

1. I taught myself to knit using Debbie Stoller's Stitch n' Bitch handbook. It was my first knitting-related gift and has come in so handy. I wish it had more information (or that I had another book with more information) about finishing or erm...fixing mistakes!
2. I bought a ball of bulky red yarn in Italy and made a scarf. A friend bought me 3 more balls of the same yarn for my birthday and I took apart the scarf, made a hat, took apart the hat, made a poncho, took apart the poncho, made a sweater, took apart the sweater, made another sweater (found part of the first sweater), took apart that sweater and made another hat, which has so far remained in tact. I still have lots of extra yarn.
3. I haven't tried the KnitPicks Harmony needles, but I've been very happy with my Options, so I'd love to give Harmony a chance too. As (bad) luck would have it, right after I ordered fixed 32" cables in small sock sizes, KP introduced cables in 40" and 47" (?) lengths!
4. Although it's not very big, my yarn stash includes yarn bought by me or for me in Italy, Japan, and Peru.
5. To finish a baby blanket in time for a gift, I knitted every possible minute, including on the playground during recess!
6. I suffer from a severe case of Second Sock Syndrome. For this reason, I am attempting to advance my Magic Loop skills. Unfortunately, I'm having much trouble managing anything but toe-up on Magic Loop.
7. After visiting Rome for the first time and seeing an awful lot of chilly-looking homeless people, I knitted a few scarves to give out on my next visit.
8. When I'm on break from Hogwarts, I teach some of my Muggle friends (who range from 3rd grade to 6th grade) how to knit once a week.
9. I am not a monogamous knitter...I always have at least a few things on the needles (some of which are lost causes as I can't remember what pattern/where I stopped/etc.)
10. I only have one little yarn needle, it's plastic and light blue, and gets lost at least three times a month (it's whereabouts are currently unknown).

No comments: