Sunday, January 6, 2008

Adding to the Knit List

I had Potions class today. While I do enjoy the course itself- the mixing and the bubbling always remind me of making hot homemade soup with Mum on a Sunday afternoon- I can't stand going down to the dungeon. First of all, it's creepy. I don't even like going into the cellar in our own little house. The dungeon is so dark and cold and just plain eerie. I was so freezing today my hands were shaking so much I was afraid I would accidentally spill too many stewed horned slugs into the boil cure potion my partner and I were mixing up. (I'm also really looking forward to moving past the boil cure potion... I've read about so many more interesting potions in my Magical Drafts and Potions text. I can hardly imagine what we might learn in Advanced Potion Making in a few years!) Anyway, I really don't like being cold, especially when it might cause me to make a mistake in Potions, so I've been thinking of adding some fingerless mitts to my list of things I want to knit this term. If only I had a Time-Turner so I could spend more time knitting in the common room and finish all my homework too!

No comments: