Saturday, January 26, 2008

Schoolwork

I just realized that if my mum and dad ever read this, they'll be disappointed that I haven't mentioned much about my courses. Potions is going well...it takes care and precision and I always pay attention in class, so I've been successful at it. I still find it terribly cold in the dungeon and have yet to try making some fingerless mittens so I can have warm hands while still keeping dexterity of fingers. Defense Against the Dark Arts is also going well. I am still a bit intimidated by Professor VH, but as long as I do my work and do my best, I shouldn't have anything to be worried about. I think soon we'll be working on our Patronus Charms, which I'm looking forward to. Some girls have already been practicing together, but I'm always a bit nervous about it backfiring on me. I want to be sure I'm doing everything just right! I do wonder what mine will be. I hope it's a unicorn as I've always loved unicorns. Or a moose. I am just fascinated by moose! Astronomy is probably one of my least favorite classes. I just hate having to drag myself out of bed to go to the Astronomy Tower. While I do find the History of Magic to have some fascinating moments, the course itself is just so dull and boring. Herbology is probably my worst class (though I will still get good marks). I enjoy Herbology in theory, but I don't have much of a green thumb. Charms is still a favorite of mine. To me, Charms is the class that makes me feel the most magical. Transfiguration is my other favorite class. It's especially entertaining to see the results of less-successful spells during class!

No comments: