Thursday, January 17, 2008

Memories: Muggle-Style

One of my Muggle friends introduced me to this Muggle hobby called scrapbooking a while ago. It was always fun to go to her house and play with all of the papers and ribbons and what-not. I stuck a few scrapbooking supplies in my trunk and I've been making a few pages for my Muggle-style memory book. It's very different... the photos don't move or speak at all, so one has to write everything down on each page. It does turn out quite pretty though, and I've spent some time looking through it when I feel homesick. I haven't felt homesick often, but every now and then I do get to feeling a bit lonely (which I wouldn't have imagined possible with all the other students around here!) and it's nice to reminisce.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oooh, Olive! I love scrapbooking too. My mum's promised that if I bring home some pictures from Hogwarts when I go home in the summer, she'll help me to create one that uses both wizard and muggle photographs.

If you're ever feeling homesick, you can come have a chat with me.