Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Tweety Sweets

Wow that was a close one today! A group of us were walking down the corridor when a seventh year student offered us some sweets. We all thought that was a really sweet gesture, you know, kind of a way to welcome us to Hogwarts. I still had mine in my hand when a few of the other girls ate theirs. I feel so lucky that I waited...the girls were transfigured into bright yellow canaries! They were tweeting and flitting their little wings, I'm sure they must have been terrified. I was terrified just watching! They turned back to their normal selves momentarily, but still...terrifying! I looked down at my uneaten custard cream and although it looked so incredibly delicious, I decided I'd better not eat it. The 7th year didn't even notice, she had already run off laughing. Of course, we were all first years, and there are so many students at Hogwarts that we have no idea what the girls name was...and boy does the Headmistress want to know! I guess Mum was onto something all those times she said, "Never take candy from a stranger!"

No comments: