Thursday, January 10, 2008

My wand

I mentioned earlier that I'm not very confident in my wand skills just yet, as I just picked mine up from Ollivander's right before coming to Hogwarts (I'm so glad his shop has re-opened). Even so, I do love my wand and wanted to share some information about it:

Wood type: birch
Length: 11½ inches
Core: Phoenix Feather

get your own wand!




I was really hoping for Unicorn Hair as the core of my wand (I have always been fascinated by unicorns!) but as they say, your wand chooses you.
Ollivander's also had a little book for sale that had loads of information about all the different types of wands. I just love learning about that sort of thing, so I asked, no--begged, Mum and Dad to buy it for me, and they did! Here's what the book has to say about my wand:
Birch: With the exception of the mysterious elder, the Birch is the earliest of the forest trees. Though they make beautiful, smooth wands with a nice sheen if polished, birch is nevertheless known for it's 'flaky' qualities. The bearer of this wand could not be more different, in fact those who find a Birch wand has chosen them tend to be some of the most logical thinkers or strategists. These wands excel at driving out evil spirits, and for Purification spells. They are also very good for spells involving structures, support, shielding, warding, and cleansing.
Birch's personality is Happy
Element: Air
Phoenix Feather: The Phoenix Feather comes from the tail feathers of a Phoenix, and is especially good with fire or defensive magic, as well as healing magic. This may be due largely to the healing properties Phoenixes have.

No comments: