Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Knit 2, Read 2

At least once a day, I find myself wishing I had a time-turner! In my free time, I can barely decide whether to knit or read! Even when I do make my decision, I have yet another waiting... I currently have 2 knitting projects and 2 books in progress. I have found myself laughing out loud at Yarn Harlot: Secret Life of a Knitter. But at the same time, I can't seem to put down Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (for the 3rd time). As a child with magical parents, of course I've been hearing and reading about Harry for a while now...but it's all so much more interesting now that I'm here at Hogwarts!
As for the knitting projects, I'm working on some fairly plain toe-up socks just to practice Magic Loop. I feel like they're going really slowly, but I have to keep reminding myself that BOTH socks will be finished when I'm finally done. So even though it doesn't seem that the socks are growing very quickly, I'm getting a lot done on the pair! I also just started a sweater vest with some yarn that was given to me a while ago. I've only finished the first 8 or 10 rows of that; the yarn is scrumptiously soft, but I wish I knew a spell to keep it from splitting!

No comments: