Monday, January 7, 2008

Getting more crowded by the day!

Hogwarts is getting more and more crowded as we get closer to the official start of classes. I thought there were a lot of us here already for the pre-term courses (I never pass up an opportunity for extra credit!) and more students keep arriving. It is so exciting...I'm seeing a lot of knitted items and knitting needles, so I'm really looking forward to having a big group of knitters to befriend! It's also a little unnerving to think that as busy as I feel now, classes haven't even officially started yet. I can only imagine how much homework I'll have then!

I received an owl from my great-aunt Marilda today. Her poor owl is almost as old as she is (over a century) so he's taking some rest in the Owlery before heading back to the Home for Elderly Wizards and Witches. I think I ought to spare her poor old owl a trip and send my next letter with Marty and have him wait for her response. The letter tells me that Aunt Marilda is in good health except for her eyes. I wonder if it would help if she wore some large glasses like Professor Trelawney. She also wished me a happy birthday, my first birthday greeting of the year... I love this time of year as I can always expect lots of owls delivering cards and gifts!

No comments: