Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Classes begin soon!

No wonder I am a Ravenclaw... classes begin soon and I am so excited! Of course I've already taken the pre-term sessions of Charms and Potions, so I know I'll like those classes, but now that I've received my official class schedule (only 2 weeks away!) it seems even more real. I just can't believe I'm really starting my first year at Hogwarts! I've heard so many stories from my parents and my cousins, and I just know I'm going to have my own great memories of this place.
I've already started reading some of my text books, just to maintain my homework habits you know, and I can tell I'm going to enjoy Transfiguration, Defense of the Dark Arts, Herbology (Mum keeps a garden), and especially an elective course called Enchanted Kit Planning. I'm really dreading History of Magic, as I've heard around the Great Hall that Professor Binns is rather dull. I wish I were a second year so I could take Care of Magical Creatures... Petunia, one of the Hufflepuffs I've seen around in the Great Hall, has been talking about some of the really neat creatures she and her family keep at their pet shop! My little sister has tons of allergies, so the only "pet" we've ever been able to keep are our owls. Now I love Marty and wouldn't trade him, but there are so many neat pets I'd love to learn more about!

1 comment:

Emma Wigworthy said...

Clearly Ravenclaw! After all these years I still love to read textbooks, and often visit Flourish and Botts to get new ones.